I listed 15 questions for my husband to answer. I told him to be honest with his answers. I gave him the list of questions ahead of time so he could think of his answers. When he was ready, he gave me his answers and we enjoyed discussing it, especially me, I was smiling all the way! My husband agreed to list down his own questions for me to answer! Here are the 15 questions I listed and my husband’s answers.
1. What made you decide to marry me?
“I guess I didn’t consider it carefully. I just followed my heart. It hit me all of a sudden and I thought I want to marry you and spend the rest of my life with you”
2. How have you changed since we married?
“I don’t think I changed that much since marrying you because I’m the one you fell in love with. But I changed a lot since you came into my life. Before you, I never thought of myself as the marrying type. My Outlook changed because of you”
3. What is the sweetest thing that I do for you?
“You fill my love tank. You always make me feel loved and secure”
4. What do I do that make you feel most loved?
“You choose to spend your free time with me. Nothing says love to me more than quality time together. Building bonds and memories”
5. What do you find attractive about me?
“Intelligence. Physically: your eyes, lips, nose and skin color“
6. What do I do that you don’t like the most?
“It’s kind of a negative question but right now I’m peeved that I can never beat you at chess”
7. What is the best memory you have of us?
“Airport. I realized you ever more beautiful in person and the hearts were bulging from my eyes like in the cartoons.”
8. How can I help you be a better father?
“Maybe you can help me pick out clothes for my daughter. I’m brutal at that. Just spending time with her too, playing with her, doing fun things together”
9. What makes me the best wife?
“You make me feel loved, happy, and secure. You are committed to the ideals of marriage when many are not”
10. In what ways are we similar?
“We are both passionate about teaching and learning. We both like travel, language, and culture”
11. In what ways are we different?
“I think you are more emotional. I have emotions too but I keep them in check.”
12. What makes you feel insecure about my love for you?
“I think I always feel secure”
13. What are things that you would like us to do together as hobbies?
“Travel, exercise, biking, swimming and indoor stuff. Doesn’t matter what we do as long as we do it together”
14. What do you think are your best qualities as a husband?
“I express my love, patience, loyalty, understanding, supportive”
15. Where do you want to retire?
“I’d consider retiring in the Philippines when my daughter is grown up. I love it there, you’d be closer to friends and family and our retirement dollars will go farther. Maybe it’d be ideal to spend just the cold Canadian winter in the Philippines.”
There you are. It’s your turn! Why don’t you list down questions that you want to ask? You may also use the 15 questions I listed and also share it with your friends. Remind your husband to be honest with his answers. Take this challenge and have a nice conversation with your husband today! You may also post/publish yours.